Bad Guys List

It's the post office. If a package is too large to fit on the regular mail truck, they'll send out another one in the evening.

This is going to be one heck of a big preamp.

My house is right on the line of two different carriers from the same post office, some times I get mail in the morning and the evening just like in the old days .... If your old enough to remember such a thing.

You need to call your local post office in the morning and make arrangements to have it delivered when you get home, if you haven't already. They'll only try to deliver it a couple of times before they return it to the sender. That's how this whole mess got started last time. :laughings:

Cliff Richard...the white Elvis :)

sircliff.jpg
He was born in India

Sorry, that was just the interval entertainment as we await the next gripping instalment of "Henry and the Bonoman".........

With all stories like a good book or a good film. There comes the time of conclusion then the credits start to roll or you close the final pages of the book and reflect what has been witnessed.

I started this thread out of frustration in the middle of January, 5 months after the deal that was still pending in hopes that u2bonoman would eventually see it. There it sat dormant for close to 3 weeks with a few hits of sympathy posts.

Then all heck broke lose when u2bonoman who was unaware that I hadn't received my end of the bargain. With over 1,000 views and over 100 reply's in less than a week.
I know I felt weird with the problems that he had that lead to this unfortunate event in fact it reminded me of the part in the blues brothers movie when Jakes girlfriend tracks him down in that tunnel with a M16 and he had every excuse in the book for her.
I had confidantes though that this was what truly had happened and the bargain was to be concluded very soon.

Now I'm happy to say that everything is as it should be. I have received the preamp, tried it out with all types of microphones the deal is COMPLETE.

I will now add u2bonoman to the good guys list. For he is a gentleman and a scholar. A man of his word.

I'm glad everything worked out, but I have two questions...and please, feel no obligation to actually humor me. It is none of my business.

What was the reasoning behind USPS returning the package to sender in the first place?

What was the original tracking number?

Jeez... I was waiting to hear that the post office had returned it again as nobody could figure out how to actually deliver the thing. one of those job description things.

Glad it all worked out!

I'm glad everything worked out, but I have two questions...and please, feel no obligation to actually humor me. It is none of my business.

What was the reasoning behind USPS returning the package to sender in the first place?

What was the original tracking number?

Can't help you on my end Kevin. u2bonoman would have to answer those questions for ya.

My only guess would be, a slight mistake in the address possible by 1 number that would send it somewhere else especially in the zip code. Just a good thing though that that person didn't keep the package but instead sent it back.

And I think if you don't get a delivery confirmation or don't purchase insurance for your package ... you don't receive a tracking number.

Jeez... I was waiting to hear that the post office had returned it again as nobody could figure out how to actually deliver the thing. one of those job description things.

Glad it all worked out!

HA HA HA ~ sometimes with the USPS, losing packages is part of the job description , much like your luggage at the airport.

Last edited:

That's what happens if they try to deliver something 2 or 3 times and no one is there to take delivery. It shouldn't happen if no delivery confirmation was required though. They usually just leave it at the door.

There is always someone here at the house or at the attached shop/office. Usually the PO will leave a yellow slip saying that you have a package.

u2bonoman did say that it was hand written and not an official postal stamp for return. Which I don't understand unless it was delivered to the wrong address per u2bonomans mistake.

Back