Backwards Tracks

Marco62

Hi Everyone, I searched through the threads and didn't find this question anywhere. It is actually(probably) a weird question. Is there anyway on the DP24SD to reverse a track? Have other tracks playing normally and one track backwards? I'm trying to embed secret messages in my songs....haha. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Long ago I had a 4 track that I would record on, flip the tape and there you have it. I also know you can reverse tracks on a DAW, but just wondered if there was a way to do it on my DP24SD. Sometimes there's nothing like a backwards guitar solo.
Thanks!

Here is backasswards solution I came up with, with props to you Spantini! I downloaded Audacity, which is free. With Audacity you can reverse a track. Here is the awkward part. I have an older Macbook Air that I inherited from my daughter, so there is no way to hook up an external mic ( unless someone knows some kind of work around). So, I recorded the guitar part on my DP24sd, then put the headphones on the built-n mic on the computer. This recorded the guitar part to Audacity. Then I reversed it, plugged the computer headphone hole into the DP24sd and recorded it. The sound quality was actually not bad. I would only use this as a background sound, or in conjunction with something else that would be out front, so the sound quality was fine. I am about half deaf, so keep that in mind. Anyway, for the few times I would use this, it is a workable solution.

I was going to mention Audacity, but figured another program would be overkill. Glad you made it work :guitar:;)

I don't know which Macbook Air you have, but didn't they have USB ports as well as Thunderbolts? It's quite possible that you can plug the DP24 into the MBAir directly and read the sound file directly into the Mac, do the flip and then import it back into the DP24. The DP24SD is supposed to operate like a USB mass storage device when plugged into a computer. You wouldn't suffer any audio degradation (although the headphone/microphone transfer might give an interesting effect if you're looking for that type of sound)

Back