Background noises.

Omniscient

Hello, everyone.

Basically when I record a distorted guitar track I get this background noise. At first I thought it was just the mic picking up noises from my poorly setup recording room. But I played wit the high frequency pot on my mixer and it goes away after I cut the high frequencies by like 10db. So now I got rid of the weird hissing noise but now the guitar tracks sound really dull with no top end.

I'm using a Behringer mx24 mixer, SM57 beta mic, Sonar 4, and software plugins.

I guess I can post up a sound clip if someone could tell me where to host it?

danny.guitar said:
Post a clip... www.lightningmp3.com or www.YouSendIt.com

Is the noise coming from the amp? Or is it background noise from your computer or something? Maybe the pres on the mixer if you have the gain turned up real high?

The noise is coming from either the amp or it's also picking up excess noise from the walls and such. The room I'm using is about 10x10 with a jardwood floor, no sound proofing or padding, but it's not coming from the preamp or computer.

It might be the pre's. I know Beheringer isn't known for outstanding quality but it's all hand-me-down stuff. Right now it's around 30db gain on the trim pot.

My internet is pretty crappy and I'm having a hard time uploading a clip but I'll get around to it.

Back