BACK up project to CD?????

bean 123

Help! I'm trying to backup/share my projects w/ another cubase SX user w/ a CD. Every time I burn one, only the template comes up. I see all sorts of files, npr., cpr., wav., and a few others. I would guess I have to burn all files to the disk to work. Does anyone know all the files necessary to do this? It seems cubase puts these different files in different folders...is there a way to put all necessary files intop 1 folder so making these backups is easy? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You need to use "Prepare Archive". This will make sure everything needed for the song is under the project folder. Then you just burn the entire project folder to the CD. Check out page 388 in the Operation manual for more info.

Yeah, you'll have to prepare archive as JimH said. If you go into the audio pool for the project, right-click your mouse and select "conform files", then after this right-click the mouse again and select "prepare archive". Once you've done this go to the file menu and select "save project to new folder" (I think it's called that, not 100%) and create a new folder into which you want to save your project. You'll then get three options, remove unused audio, minimize audio and freeze edits, which you can tick the boxes to select, and then just press OK and that should take care of it all. Once this is all done you should have an archive containing your SX arrangement, an audio folder, and two other folders (edits and images I think). Then just burn the archive folder onto CD and you're all set.

YES! Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I saved it to a new folder and burned my cd from there, complete w/ all files, wav., npr., cpr., etc! Thank you both so much! :)

Back