Back panel on JC120

Locking Nut

I've just bought a JC120 off ebay but I don't know what all the inputs/outputs are for on the back. I went to the roland site to d/l the manuals but it seems mine is the old version and is different.

I have two sockets for ext. speakers, 1 line out socket, 3 sockets for footswitches and two sockets under 'main in'.

Is there a site somewhere with the manual for the old version? I've tried a google search but you just get thousands of results for places that are selling them with the same little bit of description from the Roland site.

Strangely enough I'm into rock/metal and the main reason I've bought this amp is to go with the GT8. After all the GT8 has two specific output modes for this amp and they used it when creating the GT8.

I have been using a Marshall AVT100 combo and was not satisfied with it at all, it seemed whatever sounds I managed to get sounded horrible loud. It seemed the amp took over the sound at loud volumes and made it thin, harsh and brittle.

I only got the JC yesterday and after playing the amp by itself which sounds phenomenal I plugged the GT8 straight into the front and was blown away. All the patches that I'd created for the marshall sounded better and even the presets all sound great and useable. But what I'd like to do is make use of the amp's stereo capabilities but I don't know where to stick cables in the back.

Is the 'main in' the fx loop on the old version?

Back