Back from Gearfest (Sweetwater)

J

jokerone

I really enjoyed myself, and I wasn't expecting that much but the place they build was pretty impressive, lots of gear, and lots of seminars.

It was a 6 hour drive, one way for me from St. Louis area, but even with road construction it was worth the trip.

I really enjoyed myself, and I wasn't expecting that much but the place they build was pretty impressive, lots of gear, and lots of seminars.

It was a 6 hour drive, one way for me from St. Louis area, but even with road construction it was worth the trip.

I'm from S. St. Louis originally. Cool.

I really dug Gearfest, only a 2 1/2 hour drive from N.W. Indiana where I'm at now.

I didn't make it to any seminars, too much gear to look at! And I left early Sat. so I could go to work and pay for some of the stuff I bought.

They had great deals on some stuff, and okay deals on others and blah on the rest.

I'm from S. St. Louis originally. Cool.

I really dug Gearfest, only a 2 1/2 hour drive from N.W. Indiana where I'm at now.

I didn't make it to any seminars, too much gear to look at! And I left early Sat. so I could go to work and pay for some of the stuff I bought.

They had great deals on some stuff, and okay deals on others and blah on the rest.

agreed. when I got there I had no idea I would be leaving with a $57 Shure 57 or a Shure 58 for $58.
The used/open box tent had some cools stuff too, but I can only buy so much and smuggle it back across the border at my house before my wife alerts to it. :eek:

One thing that might help for guitars, is to just use the same guitar case every time, so you can just say you're taking it in to have it worked on.

Fortunately, I can smuggle stuff in while my wife is at work, and I have a basement that she hates to go down into, so I have a place to stash things. Well, that and the storage facilities. :D

One thing that might help for guitars, is to just use the same guitar case every time, so you can just say you're taking it in to have it worked on.

Fortunately, I can smuggle stuff in while my wife is at work, and I have a basement that she hates to go down into, so I have a place to stash things. Well, that and the storage facilities. :D

Ah the old wheelbarrow routine. (guy leaving with a wheelbarrow full of saw dust each night. guard checks the sawdust to see what's inside. Nothing. can't figure it out. Night after night. Eventually they figure he is stealing wheelbarrows.. ;) )

Ah the old wheelbarrow routine. (guy leaving with a wheelbarrow full of saw dust each night. guard checks the sawdust to see what's inside. Nothing. can't figure it out. Night after night. Eventually they figure he is stealing wheelbarrows.. ;) )

:thumbs up:

Hey, fuzzsniffvoyage.

Central (Indy) and west central Indiana here.

Of course, I realize you guys up there in the Windy 'burbs don't consider yourself as living in Indiana. I understand. We've always assumed it was just a matter of time before whatever mayor went all Putin on us and annexed the NW territories.

Hey, fuzzsniffvoyage.

Central (Indy) and west central Indiana here.

Of course, I realize you guys up there in the Windy 'burbs don't consider yourself as living in Indiana. I understand. We've always assumed it was just a matter of time before whatever mayor went all Putin on us and annexed the NW territories.

They would have to take Gary, I don't think anyone would take that troubled area on.

I am in West/Central Indiana all the time visiting and helping my elderly mom.

I claim Chicago Land because I believe that's why were in the central time zone, rest of the state is eastern time? Plus when someone asks where I live, they don't know where Michigan City is. So do I tell them near Gary, IN or Chicago, Il?????

Personally, I'd rather be back home is St. Louis, MO.....N.W. Indian is an arm pit.....

years ago, when I lived in Europe, people would ask "Where in America are you from?". Almost nobody ever heard of St. Louis, so I would just say Chicago. And they would say "Oh, Al Capone... Bang Bang!", which I would reply yes. :laughings:

Once a woman asked me if I was an American. I said yes, and her eyes lit up, like she was in love! Do you live in California??? No I said, and her eyes got dull and disappointed.

So, All you singles guys out there, when asked, by euro-babes if you live in California, you say "Why Yes, Yes I do.." :laughings:

Back