Baby and Children's Laughter

studioviols

This is a serious post.

For all of you, Skids and Joro that I have just learned about, for all of you with young children, toddlers and babies, I need baby laughter, giggles, rasberries, whatever you can get.

And the best way to do this is to train them with a headset microphone, or a lapel mic.

One of the very talented and eclectic singers on this board, a board favorite, will be singing lead on one of my songs in collaboration. He'll be 'in character' ...

The song is called 'The Park' and it's about how these idiot politicians built a 'City Park' on top of a Rubbish Heap - literally- and the bad things that are happening to those trying to enjoy the park.

One of the hooks in the song is 'there are poisons in the park ... ', to give you an idea ... and I need a little snippet of baby laughter, like a bunch of kids laughing and making ... babies and kids playing in the park sounds ... squealing and giggling and stuff like that. Need a little howling and crying maybe ...

If anybody knows of a good repository of samples of this kind of thing that would be cool, please give me a link ... but ...

If board members will coordinate and really concentrate on getting some recordings of their toddlers I will promise to mix them into 'The Park' and the spawn of homerecording.com will be stars ... yeah, yeah ....

A GREAT way to get your kid, toddler, or baby's laughter on mic is to train him to wear a headset mic for just a little while and feed him his favorite treats, tickle him a bit, show him his favorite book ... you know what floats their little boats ...

Of course if any of these kids take after their parents on this board, they are probably hams anywayzzz right, as soon as they hear the live monitor of their voices in the headset mic they are going to howl ... one way or the other.

If I get enough PM on this issue, I will maintain the nowhereradio.com ID, and take responsibility for stringing all the samples I get together and keeping them up to date.

I'll have ... howls.mp3, giggles.mp3, screaming.mp3 ... etc ...

If you want your offsprings vocalizations to be on this nowhereradio.com site, then please, condense what you get into the best_of_samples yourself, and we'll figure out how best to get them all together and use them ...

Not just boys, girls too ...

Could be fun !

musically yours,
Pat Jack

Last edited:
AudioWebs said:
I think Michael Jackson has an archive of this type of thing.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

LOL....

seriously though.... I've got a few cd's of "sound effects". All sorts of stuff...... hundreds. Want me to rip a few to a quality mp3 and send them to you?

I go back to work the day after Labor dDay. Would disabled middle schooler laugh be ok? I can record them on my md. They love to laugh. Walter

I sent them to you.... one at a time to stay under the size limit. And they're coming back to me with a Yahoo message that says you haven't set your account up correctly to receive email??

I told you wrong..... it looks like a couple went through. Actually, the best 2 went through. The others may have a size problem

Innocence

Walter :

Thank you for the offer, I couldn't think of a more appropriate sample of laughter as the disabled are always being taken advantage of.

This song is very much about the child, the trusting child, in all of us, and our offspring that were decieved by the City Leaders who built the City Park on top of a rubbish heap, a landfill.

A lot like the 'Love Canal' situation.

You can read the lyrics, and the thread that inspired the tune here : http://www.patricepike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80

Ask mixmkr i think he had a baby laughing in his last song.

He slowed it down in slo mo and it sounded like a tauntaun.

Back