Azza P4XA-BV .... Bad choice??

Son of Mixerman

Mix Junior
The Azza P4XA-BV is my MB that I got ultra cheap in a barebone deal. I crash alot, mainly with using any CD burning software and audio software. I had heard VIA chipsets had improved, but Im not having any luck. Any ideas on replacing this, or ways to fix it... I have had even more problems after installing a bloody monster video card. Its quirky, I can work for several hours doing 2 track editing with Wavelab 4.0, but when I try any multitrack stuff all bets are off. Im too fried to debug and research this on my own..Little help please :)

SoMm

Son of Mixerman said:
Any ideas on replacing this, or ways to fix it... I have had even more problems after installing a bloody monster video card.
A videocard is a power hog. If it makes your problem worse I'd check if the PSU is up to it and can deliver enough Watts to keep everything happy. Barebones often come with a lightweight PSU so frankly it wouldn't surprise me if that's the problem. Keep us posted.

Doh!

It Figures :rolleyes: Why Me?

So I checked the PSU and its fine. Im thinking about having Computersonics do a MB swap... what MB/CPU combo in the list at computersonics.com would be a great upgrade within the same atx case? I say computer sonics because it's a 10 minute drive from where I work...lunch time trips :)

Thanks,
SoMm

I'm gonna go with the PSU also.. If the vid card makes it worse then it's probably not giving you enough juice. Not sure how you tested it but I'd put a different one in it.

Back