Awful distorted "buzzing" noises that happen randomly in Cubase 8

thikpurple

Hello all,

I've been driven mad recently when trying to records through my Steinberg UR22 into Cubase 8 LE AI. Often times when recording there will be these hugely clipped and loud distorted, electronic noises that come out of nowhere. I'm speculating its my hard drive engaging but I'm not sure. I can try and export some if no one knows what I mean. I also have problems when recording, and it says Audio Dropout Occurred, anyone ever have these issues? Overall Cubase seems buggy and difficult. I'm pretty good at it now but can't figure these things out. Any help is much appreciated!

Hello thikpurple,

I would do much good to list your system specifications/OS as well as exactly how you have your interface and monitoring connected.

If possible, post that audio sample of the 'buzz'.

I am guessing you are over-taxing your computer. Knowing what it is will be helpful. :)

This is not really a 'Recording Techniques' subject nor a Cubase issue, so I moved your thread to this forum.

Ok, no problemo.

My specs:

Asus Laptop running Windows 7
2.2 GHz processor
6Gb RAM
64-Bit
Cubase 8 LEAI
Steinberg UR22 Interface

Thanks so much for answering, I tried to have a session last night and it would cut out quick, making me nuts. Ill pull a clip of the sound. its a loud BEEP thats very harsh and clipped.

Don't know if it applies to C8 but in Device Setup, if you have Release Driver in Background ticked, untick it!
Cubase is a jealous bitch and likes the PC all to herself.

And of course check the other PC audio tweaks, Run for best performance, not appearance. Kill system sounds and probably soundcard. Kill wireless and Bluetooth kit.

Dave.

Thanks! Awesome! I've been learning Cubase slowly and painfully, one step at a time. It keeps getting better

---------- Update ----------

Excellent! Thanks! I don't know if I have a good enough computer, but I'd like to think so.

"I don't know if I have a good enough computer, but I'd like to think so."

If it is 2.2G single core yes, it could be a bit marginal but I suspect it is at least a dual core processor and thus should run Cubase and at least 1/2 doz tracks (24 bits. 44.1kHz. If running a higher sampling rate, stoppit!) . However, plugin FX will quickly eat up resources so record (aka "tracking") clean and dry and add FX like reverb later if you need to.

If you don't have the exact specc' of the laptop to hand go to "www.ninite.com" and download "Speccy".

Ninites is clean and safe source of many handy programs.

Dave.

Back