Aw, no!

Elton Bear

Unregistered Abuser
I'm using a MacBook, and just installed Parallels desktop to host a virtual machine for XP, so I can run my old version of Cubase.

My problem is, I can't get any sound from Cubase in Windows. iTunes works fine (except for it deleting my library, but that's another matter!), and as far as I can see all the VST ins/outs are set correctly. I've got outputs levels on the mixer, all the inputs clip although I'm not interested in that when mixing obviously, but no sound...

*Is very puzzled* Does anybody else use Parallels or similar around here?

Parallels doesn't support ASIO drivers, only MME.

If you want to run an old version of Cubase on your Mac, you'll need to use Boot Camp.

Ahhh. Thanks, thought I'd get some advice here as usual!

I'm going to buy Logic, Cubase, and probably ProTools for OSX when I get hold of some lolly that I don't need to live on, would be nice to mix on the move in the mean time lol

Parallels doesn't support ASIO drivers, only MME.

If you want to run an old version of Cubase on your Mac, you'll need to use Boot Camp.

hey! I came across this after shifting over to mac and hoping to use my old windows cubase as well (was doing research) haha.
Just wondering if parallels is actually able to support the asio drivers now?

I'm quite new with my macbook pro, and i installed cubase with parallels. The vst all worked, but no sound, unless I used the default output which is the mac's speakers. It's puzzled me quite a bit.

Hello jeremykoh89,

I will recommend you to install Windows using bootcamp as Steinberg does not support Cubase on Parallels.
It is because of the same reason.

Best regards,
GN

Hello jeremykoh89,

I will recommend you to install Windows using bootcamp as Steinberg does not support Cubase on Parallels.
It is because of the same reason.

Best regards,
GN

I see, thank you so much for the reply! Or maybe I should switch to Logic Pro and find something similar to Melodyne and the Waves plugins. So much to learn, but thanks guys!

Back