Aux Busses??

It looks like my post didn't get through...........I need a little help as to better understand Aux Busses....what are some techniques they are used for, how they benefit when mixing, etc.....I know that I should try to incorporate them into my mixing, but I don't know how or why.......any help would be great.

Are you speaking relative to Sonar here?

In Sonar, the aux busses are typically used to apply the same FX to multiple tracks to reduce CPU consumption. For ex., if you have a mix with 3 bg vox, rather than slapping a reverb on each track, you can route them to an aux bus and use just one reverb instance on the bus for all 3 tracks.

Busses on a h/w mixer are frequently used to create submixes. For ex., you can send a drum kit to a bus and use the bus fader to raise or lower the volume of the entire kit, while still using the track faders for adjustments within the kit (louder snare, etc.).

Aux's are most commonly used to send a signal out to an effects processor. Then you return that signal either thru aux/fx returns or onto their own channel so you can use EQ.

There are Pre Fader Aux's that are usually used for monitor sends in live sound reinforcement and Post Fader Aux's that are usually used for FX.

Back