Autotune problems

Shack

Can anyone help me please. I am applying AT as an insert on a track and then bussing the processed vocals on to a fresh track, thereby still having the original one intact. I am using the graphical method of correction. The problem I am having is that when I correct the pitch it's going well but when I try bussing into a new track, the correction goes horribly wrong and it sounds real crappy. Is anyone familar with this or knows what the problem is please? I am on PTLE6.4, Digi 001, Windows. Thanks

i've been an autotune user for quite from time, but i haven't used the latest version.

its been my experience that autotune graphical mode only works in direct process mode rather than using it as an insert.

crossstudio is right. You need to duplicat the track and apply the autotune to one of them as an offline process.

Thanks for the responses.

I suspect that the method you are both referring to is when AT is used as an audiosuite plug-in as opposed to as an insert. I have been unable to get the AT working via audiosuite. It opens but does not affect the sound at all. I suspect it is something to do with playlist and region settings which I just cannot understand as the help files in PT are rubbish on that.

I have actually successfully done what I am doing on some occassions but at times, it all goes out of sync. It seems to occur when I go back into the edit window, change bus settings and hit record. Up until that point it's all going fine. I think I am doing something fundamentally wrong because as I said it works at times, at times it doesn't.

I don't know what program you are using, but most have an edit window where you perminently apply an effect to a track. There is no way to make it work in graphical mode as an insert in real time. If it worked, it was a coinsidence and actually running in automatic mode.

Farview said:
I don't know what program you are using, but most have an edit window where you perminently apply an effect to a track. There is no way to make it work in graphical mode as an insert in real time. If it worked, it was a coinsidence and actually running in automatic mode.
I am using ProTools LE. I think I may have confused you earlier, this is the process I am following:-

1. I open AT as an insert on the vocal track

2. I select graphic method and Track Pitch the portion I want to correct

3. I do Make Curve and adjust as necessary and it all sounds fine.

4. With AT still open, I then go back into the edit page of ProTools and route the output from the vocal track to Bus 1

5. I create a new audio track and route the input of this to be from Bus 1

6. I hit record and records a new section of vocal track with the pitch corrected output forming the input of the new track thereby I now have a corrected vocal track.

7. This all works well at times, but at other times, the sound comes out all funny rather than as the corrected pitch I just had.

can't you just dbl-click on the vocal track and have it come up in an edit window and apply it there? I'm sure that recording the output of the AT to a new track is what is messing it up sometimes. Just duplicate the vocal track, and offline process the duplicated track. It is much simpler.

I'm not sure that option exists but i'll explore it. In fact it should be possible via the Audiosuite method but as I said earlier, I really don't understand how to go about setting thatup.

Back