Automation of Wah-wah's on/off in Amplitube 3?

JohnRick

As per title:

Guitar recordings are finished. Full-length PM-album. The guitarist is going to add some wah-wah to the solos afterwards, utilizing my stellar Roland FC-300.

I know how to set things up and routing the midi track with the fc300 to the, configured-as-synth-amplitube sitting on the guitar track. Recording the Wah-wah is fine, but turning it off, and not having it act as a constant filter seems to be harder. Have been looking through IK Multimedias site, and done G-searches w/o anyone turning out to have a solution to this issue.

Question:

Is there a way to automate ANY current wah-wah in Amplitube # with regards to on/off, so it's not acting as a constant filter/effect on the track when not wah-wah'ing?

At the moment it only seems to be possible to connect parameters to control shifting between auto/on, but not turning it off between the wah-moments.

Best solution would obviously be that the wah was user activated and when at 0% it was turned off completely. 2nd best would be to automate on/off in some fashion, which does not seem to be doable?

I would take the wah part and cut and copy it to another track with the same processing and routing, but with the eah turned on.

I would take the wah part and cut and copy it to another track with the same processing and routing, but with the eah turned on.

Yeah, I figured that was a possibility, but a very cumbersome one. I can't believe IKMM fucked up on this one.

I actually prefer thos method to writing a crap-ton of automation on one track. It works out much better if you decide to move the song arrangement around.

Right-click on the wah in AT3 where there are knobs/buttons , there should be a parameter you can automate, look for "Bypass"...assign "Bypass" to an automation envelope & you can turn the wah off/on in the daw...

Back