Automating insert effects with a MIDI controller

PlasticMoonRain

I am trying to find out how to use a MIDI controller to automate parameters in effects I am using as inserts.

For example, I have Camel Space as an insert effect on one of my audio tracks, and I would like to alter the filter cutoff at certain parts of my songs. I absolutely know you click on "W" and I can use my mouse to manually move the cutoff parameter. However, like most effects, Camel Space has a MIDI Learn function which is supposed to get messages from my controller, so I can alter the cutoff with my mod wheel, for example.

Normally, I have no problem using my controller with MIDI Learn on this with soft synths, but I can't seem to take control when it comes to insert effects. I have to resort to using my mouse, which is not my preferred method of controlling an effect.

How do I do this?

ALSO: after I automate parameters on an insert effect, where is that information written in Cubase?

I have SX3 running on a MacG5.

THANKS.

Drew

All you need to do is make a new midi track with your controller as an input and Camel space as the output. Check the manual for the normal midi mappings and you can overide the mappings by just selecting midi learn on the control and moving the knob you want to assign.

It's handled like any midi track data so dont worry about automation

Back