Automated, MMC console $4,000 or less?

Nik D

Another brick in the wall
Is there any quality console under four grand that will do automatic recall, and has mmc so I can control Nuendo as well? I'm expanding my studio soon, and I'm doing a bit of research on consoles. The console dosen't have to be huge, at least 24 channels, preferably with returns and sends so I can easily switch between my DAW and 2" sometime down the road. Anything good out there?

You can find a used Yamaha 02r for around 4 grand, or cou could get the little 01v for under a thousand. But a real analog board with recall and automation will cost you much more than that, the cheap one that comes to mind is the Allen&Heath ML4000 with the recall options but that will cost more than twice what youre looking at....and it's more of a live board...but would be nice in a studio. The old Soundcraft ghost has mute recall, but thats not exactly what you're looking for. You're probably stuck with the digital boards mentioned in that range.

H2H

H2H

Oh, I forgot about the Digidesign Control24. I've seen them used for just under 5, so if you really shop hard you may be able to get one for around 4. It's pretty much right up your alley sounds like. And you don't have to use Pro Tools to use it, it functions independantly itself.

H2H

Back