Auto guitar tuner

Interesting product. Installation would need to be done by a pro, as it likely involves both different tuners and a piezo pickup near the bridge. Same for the knob/control.

They have a video clip that shows it in action. No info on cost.

Ed

Ed Dixon said:
Interesting product. Installation would need to be done by a pro, as it likely involves both different tuners and a piezo pickup near the bridge. Same for the knob/control.

They have a video clip that shows it in action. No info on cost.

Ed
The system costs $499.00 MSRP

That's would be a lot for most, but not a surprising figure. Installation could easily run $100+ depending on where it was done.

I think the market for this might be small today.

Ed

I don't think I need one, but I know several guitar players who ought to have them forceably installed....

Ed Dixon said:
If I heard correctly, the guy on their video clip said $800 US dollars.

Ed
That's what I heard too.

I wonder how much more the headstock would weigh with those in. Putting them on a Firebird would be ridiculous, as those things are already really headstock heavy.I imagine the bridge intonates itself as well. You'd also have to make sure the frets and nut are perfect. I know on my guitar I have to tune my strings open slightly off pitch in order for them to be in tune a bit higher up on the fretboard.

Ed Dixon said:
I think the market for this might be small today.

You'd also have to make sure the frets and nut are perfect. I know on my guitar I have to tune my strings open slightly off pitch in order for them to be in tune a bit higher up on the fretboard.

yeah, sounds like its for those people who have got everything they could possibly want, including money to burn... :rolleyes:

Andy

David Katauskas said:
A buddy of mine just forwarded this link...looks really useful. Anyone heard or used one of these?
http://www.tronical.com/info01.html

Here's another one:
http://transperformance.com/index2.htm

I've seen this one in action; Sonny Landreth has one. He used to gig with a rack of guitars of different tunings, but now he just uses the one with this gizmo. He keys in a number and taps on the strings with the volume down, and it completely retunes in about 5 seconds. It's wicked cool.

Back