Austin - (Almost done I thnik)

jauslong

Would greatly appreciate any feedback, whether its on the song or the recording.

I wrote the song and played all of the parts.

Attachments

• LANDR-Mean Old World - Austin (1-5-19 Mix).mp3
    8 MB · Views: 26
The singer has a very cool voice. It's a nice song.

The acoustic guitar is missing just a bit of top end. Is this done on tape? I'm hearing quite a bit of hiss.

I'd rethink the drums. Everything else is dry. But the drums sound like they're in a concert hall. A very subued part, maybe with brushes, might go better.

I'd also rethink the acoustic guitar part on the right. It's pretty busy and it's taking attention away from the singer.

I'm starting to reconsider my comment on the tone of the acoustic guitar. It's a nice sound.

It's promising. Good voice. The song needs variation. Maybe a bridge? Maybe modulate up later in the song? Every line repeats the same melody. Try mixing it up. Go higher on some lines. Vary the emotional level of the delivery.

There are some timing issues I'm hearing between bass and drums. Bass could come up.

Born in Austin and went to school there, though I haven't lived there in more than 30 years now.

I'm on the fence with the amount of reverb on the kick drum. In one sense, it sounds great and adds a cool vibe not often heard. On the other hand, it isn't matching the rest of the instruments; ie guitars, vocals.

I agree with the comments on adding variation to the vocal delivery. And I think the vocal track is a little too loud, but not enough to change it if you don't agree. Was the song mixed on headphones? Oh wait, you used Landr? hmmmm....

Bass could come up a tad.

Cool song. great potential. A little tweaking. The rain at the end maybe went a little too long.

It rained here earlier this week. Found a new leak in my roof. :(

This is a nice song.

Is that rain or just a hiss at the beginning? It sounds like a hiss to me.

It is a pretty loud mix and sounds kind of over-limited, almost brickwalled, for an acoustic-y number.

Vocal is just a little loud and almost sounds distorted in a couple spots to my ear.

The acoustic guitar lead goes on a bit long for me; and the rain at the end does too, as noted already (that could fade out better, too).

That distorted crackling all the way through is really distracting. Is anyone else hearing that or is it just my player? Seems like a good tune but I can't handle the crackle on headphones

**Edit** sorry it is WMP on my new laptop

Back