August tour (PA, OH)

pointfive

I'm in the process of planning a brief tour in early August through Pennsylvania and Ohio. I was wondering if anyone from those areas knows of any good venues we could contact. If so, I'd really appreciate the info.

And if you need info on NJ/NY venues, feel free to contact me.

Dunno how big your act is or what genre... but..

In Dayton, I'd say our main two venues for indie are Canal Street Tavern (the best one in Dayton)... and..Elbo's (geared more towards teen rock than anything else)....

We're not big--we just have a local following. And we'd most likely be lumped in the great, heaving mass that is "indie rock".

Thanks for the info!

Some places you could try...

Pittsburgh, PA area:
Mr. Roboto Project

greater Cleveland, OH area:
Grog Shop
Hi Fi

Toledo/Bowling Green, OH area
several places via Taking On Explosives (I like Howard's in BG personally)

Columbus, OH
Bernie's Distillery
High Five

If you book any shows out here and need a band to add to the bill, feel free to check out my band that's linked in my signature and contact us (either through our website or you can contact me through this site) about it if you like us. :)

In Philadelphia
(city)

-Grape Street Manyunk
-The Khyber
-The North Star Bar
-The Fire
-The 5 Spot

Grape Steet, north star, and khyber being the best.

In other areas of PA
- The Chameleon
- Brenda and Jerry's
- Finn McCools
- Street Road Bar
- The Crocodile Rock
- Whiskey Tango
- Crazy Carls
-Triumph Brewing Company

Not in any order.

I'd recommened searching for the websites of these places. Some of the place suck, some of them are amazing.

Note: It is hard to get alot of these places, start now if you want to make some good contacts. Most will take myspace sites, some will say to send in a press kit.
********CALL THESE VENUES! They might ask you to email them when you call them, but don't email them before you call. They won't email you back unless you are fresh on their mind...so call!

I live in Philly, so if you need more help, just message me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Awesome. Thank you thank you!

Adam, good stuff (I really like "the shape of things..."), we'll definitely keep you in mind as we're working to book and if we have the opportunity, we'll try to get you added to the bill.

And songwritten, I'll probably take up your offer for help with Philly. No doubt it's a tough area to break into, especially since we're just passing through and aren't big.

Columbus Oh (as adam P said)
Bernies -shold be easy to book, but kinda sucks
High Five -nicer and harder to book..

also try

Oldfields on High
Ravari room (convieniently across the street form each other)

Athens, Oh- you might be able to get a show at
O'hooleys (kinda sucks for bands)
Casa Cantina (not too bad for bands)
The Union (maybe - its usually punk/garage etc.)

i tried to d/l one of yor songs.. but the player buggerd up and wouldnt emit sound..since im dialup i decided not to try again.. sorry

gl wit the tour..

One of my old bands played at The Union in Athens once...I kind of liked it there. People cooked food for us beforehand, too, which was nice.

seismetr0n, sorry about the problem with the player on our site. That's been an ongoing problem so we're in the process of redesigning the entire thing (fwiw, once a song is downloaded, if you just close and reopen the sound it won't download it again, it'll start playing right away.)

And thanks for the venue info. This thread has been an enormous help.

Back