Audix D6 Question

halo206

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone used the Audix Series mic's for drum miking or any other applications. I was looking at picking up a set which would include the D6, D4, D2's, and a D1. If anyone has had experience with them, or has suggestions for other mic's, it would be very helpful.

-Mike

I have a newly acquired D4, and have not yet fully put it through its paces. At first shout, I think I like my ATM25 for bigger bottom and AT23HE better overall. This may change after I get some time for in-depth listening and comparing.

The D6 is highly specialized (for kick), so you will either love it or hate it.

I've played electric bass miced through D2, specifically because it adds a mid-bass punch that is favored by the FOH guy. Other knowledgeable users here own the D3 and have it on the sidelines. Do searches for the D1, as D1* in the search engine here. Check the other boards, too.

I love the Audix drum mics, they get a great sound when I've used them. I honestly never stray from the 57 on snare, so that I'm not sure about. But they get a great drum sound.

Their vocal mics are nice too, but you really need to keep your face on the grill. So they're not good for people who don't know how to use them.

Back