Audix D6 is good for???

I'm thinking about picking up an Audix D6 to add to my small collection of mics, mainly for the purpose of miking up my kick drum.

If you have one, have you found any other good uses for it? If it's only great for kicks and meh for everything else, I'd rather get something more useful.

Thanks for your advice.

I've only used it on the bass drum myself. Supid easy mic to get a usable to great kik sound with..I wonder how it would do on a bass amp ? Check out the Shure beta 52..good kik mic also. Good luck in your search :)

New no, but ebay used.....even so the m88 is very versatile to record horns/woodwinds and is a impressive vocal mic.
Go for it you won't be sorry. Do a little research and you will see.

It might be tough finding one under my budget ($150), but I'll see what's out there.

I paid $50 for mine on Craigslist...and got an M69 for an extra $40....the M69 is a great mic for Brass BTW.

The good point is that if you get a mic that is as good on Kick as the M88 and you end up with something you can use on vocals and other stuff its a cool bonus.

You are in the Dal-FtWorth area...there has got to be a member here that is in your area that might loan you a mic...I know I say hi to hometown members when they appear...its good to network.

I love my d6 on kick, by far my favorite kick drum mic. It's a more coloured sound I think vs. the d112 and beta52 blah blah. But for what I record (mostly rock) it works really well. Extremely easy to get a great sound, takes eq very well. Not really fond of it on anything else though. I've liked it on a bass amp a few times, but never really sat well in a mix. I prefer direct bass usually. But awesome kick mic, not really good on anything else IMO. But I'm just one guy, I'm sure there's plenty of things I haven't tried it on.

Just be there for the last 30 seconds of the bidding...and go to the next $10 incriment and add a dollar...that usually takes them...with 20 seconds left there is no time to respond....thats how I win most bidding.

Just be there for the last 30 seconds of the bidding...and go to the next $10 incriment and add a dollar...that usually takes them...with 20 seconds left there is no time to respond....thats how I win most bidding.

That's a good strategy, but these mics are going over $200 before they get close to that. I'm trying to stay in the $150-$175 range. The D6 can be had for $100-$120 on ebay, while the M88 is going for double that, or more.

Back