Audition Question and concerns.

sotorious

Well I was wondering if its ok to record in 24bit 4800. Ever since i change it i have to keep creating a new session an manually setting it to that, as it wont let me allow to record unless i do that.

Also the mic seems to be a bit low. Maybe its some settings i am not doing correctly to make it sound as good as i want or as loud as i want.

Interface : focusrite saffire 6 usb

Mic: AT 4040

Well I was wondering if its ok to record in 24bit 4800. Ever since i change it i have to keep creating a new session an manually setting it to that, as it wont let me allow to record unless i do that.

Also the mic seems to be a bit low. Maybe its some settings i am not doing correctly to make it sound as good as i want or as loud as i want.

Interface : focusrite saffire 6 usb

Mic: AT 4040

If you start a session at a given sampling rate, any subsequent track must be at the same rate. That's just the way it is.

Waht do you mean by "loud?" I'm thinking that you are trying to get as close to digital "0" as you can, a big & common mistake. Typically, analog "0" is equal to anywhere between -20 to -12 on the digital scale. Anywhere in that range is just fine.

If you start a session at a given sampling rate, any subsequent track must be at the same rate. That's just the way it is.

Waht do you mean by "loud?" I'm thinking that you are trying to get as close to digital "0" as you can, a big & common mistake. Typically, analog "0" is equal to anywhere between -20 to -12 on the digital scale. Anywhere in that range is just fine.

I pretty much figured out the loud part. Like an idiot i had the mic on backwards. For some reason in my mind i thought i would work both ways but i it was on backwards. So it was just mainly picking up the echo.

Also are you saying its ok to turn the gain up when needed?

Last edited:
Back