Audiophile Software...

Basslord1124

Ok, to make a long story short...my computer is now officially running and the Audiophile has been installed and is working properly. Now my question is what exactly does all this software do and will I need it. Here's all the software included:

Ableton Live Delta
D Sound RT Xpress
IK Multimedia Sampltank VST plug in
Propellerhead Reason Demo
Propellerhead Recycle Demo
Propellerhead Rebirth Demo
ArKaos VJ VMP

I'll probably try and look some of these up here in a few minutes to see what they are. I will say of anything that I plan to compose on the computer it'll be drum parts/loops. The rest will be using bass, guitar, and vocals which I'll take care of myself. But any of you Audiophilers know about this software and if I can practical use out of it?

I have an Audiophile, and I have no idea what any of that stuff is or does.

I assume it came on the "demo" CD packaged with the Audiophile. I never bothered to load any of that, I already have apps that I'm using and happy with.

Yeah...I'm pretty happy with the software I currently have (NTrack and CEP) although I was wondering, out of that software bundle, if there were mainly any good drum looping programs. I thought perhaps some of you might have had some experience with these apps that way I might be able to save some time from installing them or not. Guess I'll go install em to see what they are, then remove the ones I don't want. I did notice (from what I've seen on the websites) that the Propellerhead software seems to have a little bit of what I'm looking for in terms of drum creating software. Not sure about the other stuff though. Looks like I might have to retire the old drum machine (I may keep it though as a backup).

The bundle has changed over the years. It's mostly useless although the Ableton Live might be interesting. All the demos can be downloaded anyway. I'd rather they dumped the software and wrote a new manual - or gave you the choice of a cheaper card without it. I had 4 CDs with my Audiophile - most of it was a liability rather than a help.

Yeah, I'm kinda unsure about the Live Delta thing...not sure if I wanna give it a try or not. I already installed AND uninstalled all the Propellerhead demos as I felt they were useless. Maybe you all could give me any recommendations on drum machine, drum looping software, eh? ;) Or is there anything somewhat close in my current software (Ntrack and CEP)?

I think you want Sonar. It's probably the best loop arranger there is plus has all the extra tricks like midi, audio fx plug-ins and software synths. It can load , create and save loops in the ACID format which is pretty much an industry standard now. Try the Sonar 2 demo at www.cakewalk.com
It'll be a lot to learn though.

I personally recommend a drum sequencer call LeafDrums. it is pretty easy to use, low learning curve, very cheap (US$25 I think) and lots of features.

http://www.leafdigital.com/Software/leafdrums/

I highly recommend finding some wav drum samples and putting together your own kit tho...the default kit is shit. Theyre not hard to find, email me if you need some.

Back