audiophile only chooses to work sporadically

AndrewSales

hi

i have an audiophile 24/96 for about a year now, without problems! i set it up perfectly, i press record, it records. however, now and then, i press record, it does not record. but then it gets back to working.

finally a time has come that the sound card chooses not to record and has not got back to working. how i "fixed" the problem earlier was just restarting SONAR; but now, i've done all i can, it has been 3 days, i am frustrated. how do i "fix" this now?

please help!!

(p.s. is the audiophile 24/96 even a good sound card? because it does not seem to be too user-friendly or even windows xp-friendly, the drivers from the website are not even "digitally signed" w/XP or whatever...)

actually, i realized that after i restart sonar, a clip actually appears (w/nothing in it) when i press record. but after that, no other clips appear after pressing record until i restart sonar. is this a sound card problem or perhaps a sonar problem?

i also realized that in the audio settings for sonar, it asks for the sampling rate of NEW PROJECTS. why would it not allow me to change the sampling rate of CURRENT PROJECTS? in any case, i copied my midi info to a NEW PROJECT, created new audio tracks, and it is still doing the same thing. but...

i create a brand-new project, put some random midi info to test and see if it records and surely enough, it records! but why is it that this certain one, my CURRENT PROJECT, does not want to record?

please reply! thank you!

no problems so far...

I'm working with my AUDIOPHILE 2496 and CUBASE since one year and no problems so far. The drivers are working fine even without authentification from MS. Most software and hardware I used before XP works fine, and only few drivers are registered as official by MS. I just tried out a demoversion of SONAR and didn't have any bugs, although I could not really get used to it.Maybe just a little bit too much of everything?
So, that was not a very detailed and helpful answer, but basically it seems to me not a problem with your soundcard.

Good luck!
RayMan

Back