Audiophile help

TimLyons

Hey guys,

I just installed an Audiophile 2496 in my machine, which already had a Soundblaster Audigy. I'm using Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers, so I'd rather keep the Audigy as the output device (to avoid the headache of adapting the 1/8" TRS to L and R RCA, and to allow me to USE my rear speakers). I'm running Win 98.

Problems so far:

Can't monitor incoming audio via the Audigy. I only want to use the M-audio for input. Unfortunately Windows Mixer became Audigy Mixer when I installed the Audigy, so that's the only card it recognizes. I'm hoping the newest drivers will fix this.

When attempting to record in Cool Edit Pro 2.0, locks up as soon as I hit the record button. I have the "Multi" input selected from the Audiophile for recording, and Wave Mapper is set as the playback device.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Hi Tim.
Two bad choices in CEP devices.
Delta AP 1/2 for your recording input
Audigy (Front wave?) for playback.

To hear the input "live", jumper Audiophile line out to Audigy Line in.
In Audigy playback mixer, enable and turn up Line In fader.
In Delta control panel patchbay/router tab, set HW out 1/2 to Monitor mixer.
Enable and turn up Delta monitor mixer Analog in 1/2 and Master.
Anything coming into the Audiophile is now echoed back thru the Audigy.

You could also set Delta AP out 1/2 as playback in CEP and enable Analog out 1/2 in the Delta mixer as well, this may be a better option. Remove the Audigy from CEP Device ordering altogether and also select the AP in and out 1/2 as "use in Edit View" (EV).

The new drivers allowed the Audiophile to work in CEP, luckily. I'll set it how you recommended, however.

I'll probably end up doing what you said regarding the M-Audio monitoring. 'Tis a good idea in theory at least. :)

Back