Audiophile 2496 setup questions

belltunes

I recently replaced my Soundblaster soundcard with the Audiophile 2496. I've been able to get it working for recording, playback, and monitoring. Sounds great by the way! I am mainly using it to transfer songs recorded on a VS-1680 to PC for mastering and burning to CD. The issues listed below aren't huge but I would like to sort them out:

1) None of the volume controls on my different standalone players, winamp, musicmatch, real player etc. work now. I can still adjust volume via the m-audio control panel but would like to be able to adjust on the different players as well. Is this possible?

2) When I play a 24 bit, 48Hz song file in Winamp there is a nasty sounding digital noise at the beginning, but the song sounds fine in all the other players.
Winamp settngs issue?

3) I sometimes slave the 1680 to Acid 3.0 via midi. I recorded a guitar track onto the 1680 in sync with the midi'd acid drum tracks and when I played the track back on the 1680 using Acid as the master the pitch changes on the guitar track (slows down). Both sample rates are set at 48Hz and I'm syncing via midi timecode.This used to work fine with the Soundblaster. Anything I'm overlooking?

These are minor issues considering how great the card sounds.
Thanks in advance for any help!

(Oh....the Soundblaster Live Platinum is still installed as well, but disabled)

Glen

Volume Controls

I just installed the 2496 in my system as well. It replaced the soundblaster live.

I totally removed my sound blaster and ALL software realting to it and don't find any problems using volume sliders in any programs.

I would tend to think that if you still have SoundBlaster installed (and disabled) then windows doesn't know what sliders you want to use. Thats why you can't use volume controls in various programs. If you uninstall the soundblaster i would bet your problems would be solved as far as controls go.

Hope this helps you out.

By the way, the 2496 is one heck of an improvement over the old soundblaster......right?

Thanks for your reply. I actually re-enabled my Soundblaster and all the player applications work just fine now, but I think I will un-install it. I'm very happy with the Audiophile and I may as well sell the Soundblaster and pick up some extra bucks for more stuff. You can never have too much gear :) .
The Audiophile is a great sounding card for the price or any price for that matter.

Glen

Back