Audiophile 2496 Card problem

RonL

I just installed an Audiophile 2496 card to my computer. Evrything works as normal except I cannot play music CD now. MP3 CDs works fine through both my CD-ROM and CD-RW drives.

I think there might be a configuration problem. My previous card was a SB Live. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

RonL

check in multimedia options in the control panel
make sure you windows is using the right soundcard for "normal" everday playback of things (like music,games,DVD's)
if you removed the SB live
then you may not be able to listen to cd's anymore
i know i cant with the Maudio, and MIA in my system because i dont have one of those cd rom cables to output the music into a soundcard such as the SB live or whatever

hope that helps some
peace

RonL said:
I just installed an Audiophile 2496 card to my computer. Evrything works as normal except I cannot play music CD now. MP3 CDs works fine through both my CD-ROM and CD-RW drives.

I think there might be a configuration problem. My previous card was a SB Live. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

RonL

You have to enable digital audio playback.

There is no more physical cable running from the CD-ROM to the soundcard anymore.

Brzilian: "You have to enable digital audio playback".

I will try Media Player 7 later when I have it downloaded. Other that that how does one 'enable digital audio playback'? Thanks.

RonL

GOT IT!! Have installed Media Player 7.1 and it works great! Thanks Gidge! And LiquidBronze you might want to do the same.

RonL

Back