Audio Undo and Redo

guitar ed

Hey, guys. I ran across a perplexing occurence here. I recorded a short acoustic guitar progression on track 1. I recorded the same thing again on track 2, and panned them hard left and hard right. I wanted to re-record track 2 so I did the 'undo recording' thing. Before I re-recorded, I changed my mind and did the 'redo recording' thing. My visual wave showed up, but the audio was gone! I did no saving or anything during all this. Has anyone else had this happen, or can someone make it happen and let me know why? It's not like I lost a masterpiece or anything, I just wanna know where the audio went! Thanks

ed

Strange! My system have never did that (I'm shure your is usually fine to), and I undo/redo alot!

Have you checked the audio-folder? Is the file present there?

Not yet, I had to leave, but I will look there. I'm gonna try to make it happen again. I use the per-project folders, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I have Sonar defaulted to open with a blank track view screen on startup, so if I add tracks or whatever, it's not really assigned to a specific folder until I save it, right?

On the other hand, if I start with 'new project' I have to give it a name before it will open. But you would think that any unassigned audio would wind up in the folder I designated as my Audio folder (where the audio and picture cache is) until I assign a project folder. I'll have to goof around a bit more and let you know what I find.

ed

I use the folder-per-project too, so that shouldn't change anything...

If you start a new project and give it a name, the wav-file will end up in the projects audio-folder.

If you don't, it will just end up in the folder you specified under Options -> Global -> Folders.

That's exactly what I thought....................maybe I'm stoned or something. I'm gonna go try it again.

ed

Back