Audio track crackling in Cubasevst32

robbocop

Hi,i'm using a Yamaha sw1000xg soundcard with 256ddr ram and an XP1600 processor.Problem is the song im working on at the moment has 4 audio tracks,now say i solo stereo pair tracks 3+4(bass guitar)and stereo pair 9+10(distorted lead guitar)together there is crackling,but listening to each of these stereo pair tracks individually there is no crackling?If i solo stereo track 3+4 bass guitar(all other tracks muted) then unmute 9+10 the crackling starts and the bass guitar track deteriates in quality?Its just when i play the tracks together?Hope ive explained this ok.All midi is fine incidentally,does anybody have any vague idea what's going on or where to start looking?It's driving me mad!

First, try incresaing the buffer size of your sound card up to a reasonable level where you don´t hear clicks and pops but the latency is still ok. Be sure that setting is also registered in SX.

If this does not help, then these nasty effects are most probably due to your computer resources and you should think on upgrade it. But there is still a bunch of things that we could try before spending more money.

Let me know if I can help you with more precise advices.

Good luck,

Alejo

You can also try a search on the words "pop(s)" "click(s)" "crackle" and so forth. We have had many good threads about the subject. Unfortunately one of the biggest recently moved off the second page.

Back