Audio technica at4040

Creepy Crawlies

Well I have been writing Hip Hop music since 2004 now, and for the last year I have been looking at buying some recording equipment. I have done a lot of research into it and I think I have finally found the Microphone that I shall purchase.

(Please note; I am not looking to get cheap budget equipment quickly. I would rather wait and get more expensive stuff for better quality.)

So I have been looking at AUDIO TECHNICA Microphones, and I think I am going to get the AT4040. I just want some general feedback on the Microphone, is it quality, good for Hip Hop? I want to have a really good quality set up, I want the recording to sound clear and professional.

So any suggestions on this Microphone? I have found a bundle, which includes some minor other things here:

http://www.thomann.de/index.html?partner_id=97926&page=gb/audio_technica_at4040_set.htm

Once I have feedback I shall decide and then continue to research to find what Amps + other Equipment is needed to start recording. So hopefully you guys and gals can help me get started.

Thanks,
Creepy Crawlies.

I know some guy"s over on the westside of Phx who use a AT 4040 going through a DBX 386 doing all Dirty South style HipHop, there New Orlleans. It sounds really good, and clean. They are using Sonar in the box set-up.

Back