Audio Suite vs RTAS

Mr. ROUSH

Ok.. Aside from the fact that applying effects to a track using audio suite is irreversable.. what are other advantages and disadvantages.. Do you feel there is any audible difference between the two?

Plugin type (RTAS, VST, AU, DX, etc) is just a container to hold code.

The container itself does not make any 'audio difference'.

No audiable difference. Identical copies. You can prove this by doing a simple phase cancellation test between any plug in, in any format.

you may experience a delay shift with some audiosuite plug ins. Especially in plug ins that tend to use alot of CPU/processing. Double check the before and after to make sure you don't get a massive shift forward. You can also refer to the plug in manual for the samples information.

You can correct this easily by noting the samples used information on a track (with an active plug-in of that processor) and shifting it backwards then compiling a new track with the correction.

For example, if I want to process a group of tracks with a high quality plug in that takes up 19864 samples, I note that before hand. Then I simply go to shuffle mode, select a blank section before the waveform that I input as 19684 samples, delete and the shift is corrected. I'd compile that to obviously keep the new, time corrected file.

Alright.. makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

But.. who uses audio suite and who doesn't? For those that use them.. for what applications have you found them to be particularly useful? Obvious reasons aside please.. such as destructive editing and saving cpu...

Back