Audio-Ready PCs

jlizerbram

Is anyone here using pre-configured PCs from Rain Products, Sweetwater, or ADK? I have been there, done that, with building my own systems, but I'm getting lazy and want to perhaps go with a pre-built, well-supported Platform. I'm particularly drooling at the Rain Element T6Q, since it compares to the cost it would be for building my own. Plus, having someone to support it makes me a bit more at ease.

Let me know if you went the route of a pre-built system, and how your experience has been.

Thanks.

Having support/warranty is good, but if you know how to build/maintain PCs you shouldn't need it that much...

I imagine you could build one that would perform just as well for a lot less, have you done actual price comparisons?

If you can afford it though, it looks like a great computer...

I'm particularly drooling at the Rain Element T6Q, since it compares to the cost it would be for building my own.

That can't be a true statement...unless the case is made out of actual silver and you want to use actual silver for your case. You should be able to do that for like...half, right? Not sure about the video card, but the rest of it...Jesus, that's a lot of money for something that will coming off the shelves for $750 in 2 years.

it compares to the cost of building one by over 2:1. I bet you could put that together for $1,200.

are you $1,400 lazy?

I don't mean to offend, but I just don't know anybody who could afford to overpay that much

next machine i buy will probably come from scott at ADK... gotta be one of the most knowledgable cats in the biz... and having it configured by someone who knows all the tricks saves invaluable time and frustration...

If "the show must go on" you can usually be happy to pay four times what it would cost you to do it yourself. keeping the "chain of blame" in effect :)

Sometimes ADK or StudioCat pop up an issue I NEVER would have thought of in a million years, but would have certainly come to bite me in the ass immediately. If I were to havea PC built, I would probably go that way...I roll my own still, but its sure worth considering, especially on laptops

Back