Audio Mixdown PRoblem

BluMusic

I'm only getting either Out (L) or (R) Out in my Cubase SX3 Audio Mixdown

I'm selecting Stereo Interweave the other options are Stereo Split which I dont' want and Mono.

I took a few horrible shots of my setup please excuse the quality but I think you will be able to get an idea of what I'm having problems with.
Delta8.jpg

My Outputs are Left & Right

Delta6.jpg

This is my M-Audio Delta-66 Hardware Setup

Delta11.jpg

This is the Audio Mixdown Options page

Delta9.jpg

This is where I'm having my problem. The options don't allow for Stereo L & R
It's either one or the other.

I have more pics if these can't solve my dilemma

It looks like you have a left output and a right output instead of a stereo output. Go to VST connections and set up a stereo output buss and set that up as your main output buss.

It looks like you have a left output and a right output instead of a stereo output. Go to VST connections and set up a stereo output buss and set that up as your main output buss.

Thank You very much .. going down right now to try this .. let you know asap

PEEPS :rolleyes: sorry .. gotta say when one starts having audio problems the rest of your mind goes out the freakin window ..

Ok I made the adjustment but it's not giving me the quality of sound I want.
As you can see I have my 1/2 Stereo IN & 3/4 Stereo IN Left & Right and subsequently the same for my OUTS. Thing is, I've used this setup for going on 3 years now with no problem with my Mixdowns. Then about 3 months ago, I made a CD and all the instruments going out the Right were not audible on the CD.

I don't think the solution is my VST Connections, I'm thinking I must have made some sort of change to my Soundcard setup which factors in on how the Mixdown performs. Anyway, your method worked but limits my ability to get that full quality of spread and it also takes away any ability to record 5.1 surround sound.' Unless I didn't understand what you are trying to illustrate.

I appreciate you answering my plea. I've been coming here for years. Awhile back I had a different ID but I forgot it and the Admin couldn't find the info because the email address I used changed, so I had to create a new one.

I have contributed to more solutions than I've asked for help but I do recall not experiencing any time on this Forum where someone would ask for help and no one tries to help out. You are obviously Old School were sharing your knowledge is what it's all about if one belongs to a message board.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help bcuz I have a deadline to make and I was beginning to wonder WTF is going on here? Especially when you see a number of Views but no assistance. I tend to log on every once in awhile just to see if someone is in trouble with something I know something about. I'm going to keep at it from the Delta setup and see if that does the trick. I'll keep you posted ..

I'm thinking I must have made some sort of change to my Soundcard setup which factors in on how the Mixdown performs.
You soundcard settings have nothing to do with your mixdown. You can perform a mixdown without a soundcard.

Anyway, your method worked but limits my ability to get that full quality of spread and it also takes away any ability to record 5.1 surround sound.' Unless I didn't understand what you are trying to illustrate.
Are you doing movie soundtracks? You can't put 5.1 on a CD.

As long as the output buss you are listening to is the same one you select for mixdown, it should be the same.

If you are mixing in 5.1, a stereo mixdown won't work well. Stereo is 2 channels, 5.1 is 6 separate channels.

You soundcard settings have nothing to do with your mixdown. You can perform a mixdown without a soundcard.

Are you doing movie soundtracks? You can't put 5.1 on a CD.

As long as the output buss you are listening to is the same one you select for mixdown, it should be the same.

If you are mixing in 5.1, a stereo mixdown won't work well. Stereo is 2 channels, 5.1 is 6 separate channels.

Thanks for the comeback and I've been away for a few days (sorry) anyway, with One Stereo Output BUS, I thought it was limiting the spread I was able to get when I positioned instruments in the (L) out and (R) out but it seems to be fine.

DO you or anyone know anything about doing a 16-bit / 24-bit / 32-bit mixdown? I'm burning the CDs' with Nero and I record the tracks in 24-bit but Nero doesn't like anything above 16bit for Burning or is there an upgrade I need to get?

...DO you or anyone know anything about doing a 16-bit / 24-bit / 32-bit mixdown? I'm burning the CDs' with Nero and I record the tracks in 24-bit but Nero doesn't like anything above 16bit for Burning or is there an upgrade I need to get?
Your app may mix at any of those bit depths but CDAudio needs to be reduced to 16bit. You should howerver be able to export and save the wav data -to a data disk or otherwise- at any of those depths.
Generally, save them (as data) at 24 (or 32) for mastering or archive, and another set at 16bit for listening or release.

That is exactly what I'm finding. I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference you can hear between 16-24-32. I'll tell you however, I burn all my CDs from wav format but lately due to some Sites I've wanted to upload to, I burned some of them as MP3 thinking I would hear a noticeable drop-off and I didn't at all.

One last bit of help please .. I'm using SX3 and have been using Cubase SX for a few years now. It is claimed to be all one needs to produce master quality projects. Well my system is dual-core although I'm running a PC and I wish it were a Mac. Plenty of storage but my soundcard may be lacking only being a Delta-66. So instead of running down my entire setup to you all .. what elements of one's gear actually provide that radio quality sound when you finally stamp something done ?

what elements of one's gear actually provide that radio quality sound when you finally stamp something done ?

There's no magic bullet. It's a game of inches. The most important thing to sounding pro, is to sound pro. It really is that simple. Getting the source to sound good is 90% of the battle.

Cubase SX3 is a wonderful program and is not holding you back in any way.

Like NL5 said, the thing to start with is the song. Then the musicianship. A good song and a strong performance are much more important than expensive mics, preamps and converters.

Listen to all that old Motown stuff from the 60's. That stuff is great, but if you listen to the actual sound quality, it really kind of sucks.

Guys, I gotta say the best recordings I've gotten have been from my Cans over my Monitors. I'm convinced the Studio monitors I have are not conducive for getting clean across the board recordings. My K5's have too much bottom and when I think I've cut the bottom enough and thanks to many here have learned how to use compression (THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN) between this Site and reading articles, Compression is Key and too much is NO GOOD. But I'll burn a disk and place it in my home system and boom boom boom is all I;m getting. When I mix in the Cans, I don't have this prob anymore ..

When I ask what Monitors are best for Home Studios I get 20 different ideas. I play SRV style blues & Jazz Fusion style music. i.e. Live Wire - Dave Weckl

That's the sound quality I thrive for

Back