Audio leaking in other tracks

lapieuvre

Hi,

Been a long time since I didn't have a problem with Sonar 4... Now when I record a track on audio track 1, then I arm track 2 and the content of track 1 leaks on track 2... First time it happens to me... Everything is hooked up properly. I use soundblaster audigy 2 sound card with win XP.

Thanks for the answer

Thierry

Hehe...

Yep, with any SoundBlaster card, you have to go into Windows Audio controls and uncheck "What You Hear". in the record settings.

I finally tried the windows thing with "what you hear" and it doesn't work, audio still leaks... Any other ideas?

Thierry

how much is the leakage? It's probably going on in the amp chip, and not in software. Maybe move the card into another slot, or clean the contacts. Or is there some weird pan setting somewhere?

how much is the leakage? It's probably going on in the amp chip, and not in software. Maybe move the card into another slot, or clean the contacts.

WTF???
Maybe reinstall Windows too.

"What U Hear" is simply a one-click setting that routes all the soundcard's output streams to the input streams. It's possible that you have them all indivdually selected even if "What U Hear" is not selected.

Make sure that one or more of the outputs are not routed to the inputs.

Back