Audio Interfaces.

triple-zero

Hey,

I'm kind of new to the whole computer recording thing. FOr a few years I've been recording bands onto my TASCAM 488 and then pluging my tascam into the computer (line-out, line-in) and recording a mix into Cool Edit Pro 2, where i do a bit more editing and mastering and stuff. Ive always been quite happy with the result, but i love the CEP interface and in future would like to record straight onto it. I have tried plugging my PA mixer into the line-in of my computer and then recording each instrument seperatly onto different channels but the sound quality has generally been pretty poor.

Anyway... I'm looking to buy an audio interface so I can record about 4 tracks simultaneously into CEP at a decent sound quality.

I would preferably want a USB one... but i have heard recording 4+ channels on USB doesnt work very well.

anyway im looking to spend about £150 ...?

many thanks in advance,

tom.

Sounds to me like you need a 1010lt. Its a PCI sound card with a a bunch of different in and out connections. They are I think about $250. But if you want more options you will have to spend the extra dough.

yeh, the delta 44 looks good to me at the moment,

i'll also want a 4-8 channel mixer...now if i want to use it with the a delta 44 i'll need to have a seperate output for each channel, no? or do i have the wrong idea, does anyone know of any good small mixers for recording with my delta 44 ?

many thank again.

I'd think you'd do best with either PCI or Firewire.

The new EMU line is pretty good - I have the 1820M and there are many inputpossibilities with it.

triple-zero said:
yeh, the delta 44 looks good to me at the moment,

i'll also want a 4-8 channel mixer...now if i want to use it with the a delta 44 i'll need to have a seperate output for each channel, no? or do i have the wrong idea, does anyone know of any good small mixers for recording with my delta 44 ?

many thank again.

I use the Yamaha MG12/4 with my 44. Works well

Back