Audio Interfaces 2012 ! (Experiences and Opinions)

daChayce

Just going to break it down for you briefly. I'm looking to upgrade my setup and need some quick feedback and opinions. I know they say buy once and buy big but I'm on a budget due to personal debts I'm in the process of paying.

I'm currently running Mbox 2 w/ Le 8 and a M-Audio DMP3 Pre-Amp. Looking to upgrade to 9 or 10, but very unsure about what interface to buy. Been doing a lot of research, searching these forums up and down. Ive looked at MOTU, Mackie Blackbird, Steignbern UR28M, Profire, Fastrack and came down to my two final decisions for my price range.

Its either the Mbox 3 Pro(Because I mainly run Protools) or Focusrite Pro40.

I've read lots of topics on this, but NONE that are updated or recent. People continue to stress the fact that the Pro40's pres are way better, but are they really? Also, which converters are honestly better for your money? Some say the Mbox 3 Pro is a lot more reliable and has much cleaner/warmer pres than old Mbox models, but is this true?

Im looking to spend anything under $800 and if there are any better options please give me feedback. I'm not looking for what people have heard, but what people have experienced. Please, Thank you !

Back