Audio Interface Questions - Tascam FW-1082

iswong

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and was looking for some help to start getting some equipment. I want to start recording some of my music this summer, and have been researching all over the internet and craigslist to find gear. What audio interfaces do you guys recommend? I want to be able to do it all (drums, guitars, vocals, etc..) since I am planning to do my songs from scratch with me playing all the instruments. Therefore, I know I will need an interface with enough inputs to record drums. I used to just run a stereo out from a mixer to garageband, but I am looking for a massive upgrade.

One of the interfaces I stumbled upon was the Tascam FW 1082. I was wondering if any of you have experience with it, and since its discontinued, if there is a reason to not buy it. I am a little afraid of purchasing this interface since it is a little old, and in theory, newer equipment would be more compatible in terms of software and drivers and what not. However, I do like how the device can also be used as a controller. So do you guys recommend getting the FW 1082? If not, what other interfaces should I be looking at?

Keep in mind, I am a college student looking to pick up an interface with a budget of under $275. Thanks for your help!!

Back