Audio Interface + Pre-Amp

Creepy Crawlies

The Microphone used will be a AT4050.

I need to know what Audio Interface and Pre-Amp I need for recording Male Rap vocals, with the AT4050 Microphone. I want to get the best quality recording as possible, so I don't mind paying a good amount on one.

Would I be better off getting a separate Audio Interface and Pre-Amp or getting a Interface with a pre built in?

Someone suggested the "True P-Solo Pre-Amp" however I cannot seem to find anywhere in the UK where they sell them or even a price for them anywhere online.

Thanks,
Creepy Crawlies.

Are you looking to solely record live vocals and program everything else?
(I'm assuming yes as you didn't mention anything else in the OP)

Also, do you have a DAW currently and what kind of computer system are you running?

-Paul

I haven't bought anything yet, except for my Computer (which is on Windows XP Entertainment Edition). This is why I am researching what to buy.

I know I am getting that AT4050, before I order it I want to know what Audio Interface and Amp to get so I can get it all at once.

I'd would honestly say go with an MBOX then, expecially since you don't have a DAW at this point, might as well start with Pro-Tools. Better than spending 500 bucks on a DAW and then spending more on an interface. The MBOX 2 is 450.. 2 mic-pre's usb interface and protools

-Paul

I'd would honestly say go with an MBOX then, expecially since you don't have a DAW at this point, might as well start with Pro-Tools. Better than spending 500 bucks on a DAW and then spending more on an interface. The MBOX 2 is 450.. 2 mic-pre's usb interface and protools

-Paul

I was thinking about getting the MBOX 2, gowever I heard the built in pre-amps are not as good as the origonal. So I was thinking:

AT4050 --> MBOX 2 --> Pre-Amp.

Just don't know what Amp to use?

I was thinking about getting the MBOX 2, gowever I heard the built in pre-amps are not as good as the origonal. So I was thinking:

AT4050 --> MBOX 2 --> Pre-Amp.

Just don't know what Amp to use?

No offense intended to Paul, but IMO the Mbox = waste of money. My advice is to buy something like a True P-Solo or a Grace 101. These are around $500 and pro quality. Buy a decent PCI interface like the M-Audio Audiophile $100. You can get inexpensive DAW software for around $50. You will never outgrow the above preamps. The PCI card is very good, and it will take you considerable time before you outgrow it--and it is relatively inexpensive. The Audiophile converters will be on par (if not better) than the M-box.

No offense intended to Paul, but IMO the Mbox = waste of money. My advice is to buy something like a True P-Solo or a Grace 101. These are around $500 and pro quality. Buy a decent PCI interface like the M-Audio Audiophile $100. You can get inexpensive DAW software for around $50. You will never outgrow the above preamps. The PCI card is very good, and it will take you considerable time before you outgrow it--and it is relatively inexpensive. The Audiophile converters will be on par (if not better) than the M-box.

I was intending on getting a True P-Solo Pre then use the Mbox just for the Interface / Sound Card.

http://www.studiocare.com/store/ind...cts_id=62653&zenid=9svqg5vprnglurkej7hbkqnt04

http://www.studiocare.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=62654

They are the two P-Solos I found in the UK (seems to be the only site that sells them here) and I believe it is the top one I need as the bottom one is not for condensers correct?

The M-Audio Audiophile seems to be a Sound Card you need to build into a Computer - Is that correct? If so I would prefer a Interface that isn't built into a Computer and simply plugs in like the Mbox (I believe that's what they do anyways).

I am just debating the Interface now do I need to spend £500 on a Mbox 2 Pro when I'm not using it for pre's?

Back