(Audio Interface) Alesis IO 2 express or Tascam VS-200?

kys1991

Hi guys, here's the question. Does anyone experience using of alesis IO 2 express audio interface or Tascam VS-200? I am going to setup my own little home studio and looking for an budget and acceptable in quality audio interface, previously was using centrance micport preamp,now thinking about of getting either one of them.

Alesis IO2 express
73023_l.jpg

Tascam VS-200
us200_left-0f7d4aa0f7e8e19b05d8c8e99b186d6b.jpg

Thanks for suggestion :thumbs up:

I'd go with the Tascam (especially pre gibson, lol). I bought the Alesis to use with my laptop and found out Alesis was too cheap to write drivers for their equipment--they think you should be happy with ASIO4all. The iO2 express works fine with Core Audio, unfortunately the laptop is a Toshiba with windoze 7.

I remember hearing something about Alesis drivers, now that you mention it. Not that that means they are bad for all situations. Check compatibility, and search for 'real' reviews on forums, for pertinent info with any interface, in regards to your particular setup. Keep in mind, there are a bunch of badly educated people, that write reviews at times. Sometimes it is outdated, or just another problem with setup, that makes for an inaccurately judged issue. Or, sometimes, gear is just crap.

Best, is to find a user of any piece of gear you are looking into, and get up to date performance/compatibility advice. Or spend more money for something better than the cheapest you can find....

Oh the iO2 express works and sounds good, just have a hard time getting latency down in win7. I spent a good bit of time looking for proper drivers with no luck. Now I have a 2010 mac mini and FireBox so basically forget the laptop for recording (or anything else, unless I'm going someplace, lol). DP008 for portable recording, much less aggravation.

Back