audigy 2 zs homegrown

baba

Hi,

here is a link to a work in progress called "the osage corndance".

this song, written by my wife and I, has a not finished canned drummer, a bass guitar which is really my strat transposed down one octive, experimental lead track, and generally is about in 60% completion mode at the moment. banjo played by my wife, lead guitar and other guitars played by myself.

to newbies here, this is an mp3 reflection of what I'm getting with a creative audigy 2 zs ( the barebones version for about $89.00 US ).

to vets on this board, please give me your opinions of our work.

BTW...this has been recorded to this point with multitrackstudio and some help from sound forge 7.0 on the banjo track.

cheers,
baba

Last edited:
Nice tune. You already know it has little bass response which is ok except the bass playing comes out in the mid-range which muddies up the area where the vocals are. That along with the verb you added to the vocals makes them a bit stepped on. It's just my opinion that a voice like that should stand out a bit more. Your recording skills and playing are making that Audigy decent, good job!

hi,

thanks for your replies! I posted this in the mp3 clinic soon after posting it here. this area is for questions, sorry for the mistake.

I have not put a real bass track on this yet because of grunged up rotosound bass strings on my bass, ( our bass player likes my bass and also likes fried chicken... a bad mix... maybe I should boil them in water to get rid of the dirt demons ). anyway, have to mail order this kind of thing around here.

I agree that my wife's vocal needs more room to breath and will try to tweak it in after I put down the bass and finish the drums.

I need to re-do the lead guitar track as the day I recorded it, we had a heating problem in the studio making it difficult to get warmed up on the strat.

thank you for your advice,
baba

Back