AT40 series vs 30 series condensers

PaLiC

I've been reading about and searching for a good vocal condenser mic.

Is there a huge difference in sound from the Audio Technica 30 series vs teh 40 series. I know the 40 series has the "large diaphram" and the 30 doesn.t but the 30 series is so much more affordable. any suggestions? or if you know a better mic in the same price range list them here.

I'm hoping to spend under 350 or so....used is fine... so actually a 5-600 dollar mic might go for 350 or less on ebay.

thanks

tony

You dogs! I overpaid! But just what's this "bulk pak" crap?
I'm still not dissatisfied with this mic.
Did that cute case cost me $50?
Or was that available for free anyway?

bulk pack?

i checked it out..

indeed 299! what a great deal... i don't think i could even do much better on ebay for a used one.

it says that bulk pack is "not packed in original box" but it sounds like you still get the case. does this mean it was a display or somethin? or is it so it's cheaper to ship or something?

please explain (those that got the bulk pack). is it the exact same everything...just packed differently? if so.. i think i'm sold :P

thanks

tony

No display model. Mine was in a box that said AT40 series.
Every thing packaged as new. Came with a mini-brochure thing. Can't figure out how it would be different from the non-bulk model.

-Jett Rocker

I'm talking about the plastic case with the foam insert. It looks like the case that came with my dB meter. It's nothing special; just a small notch above cardboard- actually it's vinyl encapsulated carboard with a snap closure on the lid flap. But it does a good job of keeping the mic safe. Definitely a step above the pencil sacks that hold all of my other mics. But put the pencil cases inside a cat litter bucket and you get the best of both worlds, including being watertight. Probably do just as well in a fall as that wooden jewelery case that the U87 comes in.

Yeah the vinyl cardboard case came with the bulk pac 4033 too. I agree, not excellent protection, but better than nothing. I think that 8th street gets a bargain because they buy them in bulk.

But they sell non-bulkpack 4033's for 329. What's the difference? I don't know.

I've just had the 4033 for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it's the same thing as the non-bulk mikes.

i bought the non bulk pack one for $329. So if the little vinyl cardboard box comes with the bulk pack also, what did i pay $29 extra dollars for, the privelege of being stupid? By the way, i thought the mike was excellent. Better than rode nt1. With a mindprint en-voice pre-amp even my blond non-musical girlfriend said, "Hey, what did you do. That sounds great!!" She doesn't know anything about electronics but she thinks all the little colored lights are pretty.

no box

the site says that the bulk pack "is not packaged in original box".

who cares!!?

:)

if it's the same mic with the same case.... i'm all for it... in fact i might just go order one right now!

thanks 4 all your help...

and here i was thinking that zzounds.com had the best prices (which are really good by the way)

tony

If I only had the money...

I bought an AT3525. It sounds very nice. I've mic'ed vocals, guitar and harp (no, not a harmonica...not that kind of harp)
It sounds pretty darn nice on mostly anything I've used it for. Perhaps when money is no issue, I will purchase something like the AT4033, which for $300 sure sounds like a bargain.

ISaiah

bought it!!!

alright,

i couldn't resist the deal on 8th street that you guys told me about so i went ahead and bought a AT4033!!!

what a deal. i hope i love it!

thanks guys for all your help

tony

Lucky skunk!

If for some reason, you decide you don't want it.. I'll buy it from you for 50 bucks.. :D

Isaiah

Back