At3035

silverstrings

Dont have the big bucks to spend an a mic,you know little things like the mortgage,and the car payment stand in the way,but I did have a couple hundred to spend on a mic. Got the 3035.
-WOW. I never thought my accustic could sound like the real thing
on my D80. For 200 bucks I think its the best investment I've made.
Just think what it would would sound like through a nice pre.

lol, very true. check out a track i recorded on the mixing clinic forum. it's called What I need by Amy Phillips.

The lead vocals were recorded with a 3035 through a Joe Meek VC1.

check it out.

Romesh

silverstrings,
Can you post the results. i think alot of people would like to see a good clip of this mic since most of the clips posted are done with the c1 or v67.

Brandon

I REALLY want to hear this Amy Phillips track, but none of the links work anymore. May I please hear it? I'm considering a used A3035. Thanks!

-dejacky

Very nice mic for the price. I used it the other day on a girl's voice...I love the way it handles the sibilant sounds...much better than some more expensive mics I have

So, it's not too bright? And is it worth it for $100 used?
Audio samples from anyone would be MUCH appreciated :)

-dejacky

it is a great alternative to have on hand. Really clean and easy to find a good usable sound with. Works well on acoustic too
In His Name
Big

A friend who's familiar with both mikes recommended the Groove Tubes CT55 over the AT3035. He said tonally it's just better. Truth or fiction?

-dejacky

Back