At last, a new track. Laid back mix of various styles.

It's hard to comment on the subtleties because the whole track sound sounds excessively boosted to the point where I all I hear is clipping. That synth snare on the back beat is painful. There are no dynamics. Everything is as loud as everything else. Even the little synth parts that should be sitting in the background, providing a feeling of depth and landscape, are right there with the main elements of the track. I would roll it back to your raw tracks and do the mix over completely, keeping a closer eye on levels.

Thanks! Yeah i used a maximizer on the master bus. Perhaps I overdid it? I'll take your advice to heart and start with the raw tracks, no maximer (or only very little). Thanks!

Musicially it's great! I really like the atmosphere you've built up during the song.

Althought it does sound a bit monotone since the dynamics just aren't there.

Great track, but needs better master!

Cool song, sort of a trap acoustic kind of thing. But I wish it were more dynamic, my ears hurt. :o Maybe if you want it to sound loud without being squashed you can try some ducking triggered by the kick.

Thanks all for your kind comments. I may not remix this particular track, but I'll definitely ease down on the maximizer on the next one!

Agreed, it sounds so compressed/limited that you can hear it pumping. I would take it off completely and see what the result would be. Cool song though.

Back