At-4050

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
Does anyone else own this microphone?

I have owned one for the past 4-5 years and I absolutley love it! It has gotten me through a few recordings, for both vocals and guitar, and a variation of vocalist if I may........ I have loaned it to many people who love it as well.....

Just curious to see if anyone else in here have had any success with the AT-4050...... (I used this mic the first year by going straight into my 16 track recorder until I learned the the importance of mic pre's and their purpose. Once I obtained a clean signal going in, that mic has yielded great results, even for a song I recorded in my living room! (Called in my living room BTW done for a purpose!!!!!)

Ive allways been impressed with the AT mics build quality and consistancy...Ive heard good things about the AT4050...I do have both the KSM44 and the C414...and I just bought an AT4047 this week...I actually like my voice on the AT4047 best.

I have a pair of them. They get used quite a bit, most recently for overheads. Good and very handy mic.

Mine will arrive today,i'll test it next to the NTK, i use to have the KSM44 (Now Darrin's LOL!) KSM32,KSM27 and the TLM103.

I was reading Behind the glass and there is a major producer that uses a pair for overheads...I forget who but I might be able to find some recordings with them being used like that.

Ive been using 2 AT3035 mics for overheads and they are alot better than most SDCs out there...I think that the 3/4" capsules make them better suited to work for things like that...I want to buy a second KSM32.

I was reading Behind the glass and there is a major producer that uses a pair for overheads...I forget who but I might be able to find some recordings with them being used like that.

Ive been using 2 AT3035 mics for overheads and they are alot better than most SDCs out there...I think that the 3/4" capsules make them better suited to work for things like that...I want to buy a second KSM32.

If you want to sell one of the 3035's I'll take it.::D

The Tim O'Reagan (Jayhawks drummer) self titled solo album uses AT-4050s for overheads. Vocals are an SM7.

Elliot Schiener who did some of the Steely Dan...and Fleetwood Mac records...I think said he uses them...Id have to look to make sure.

Back