Astrisk Next to 2 of my songs

Saxman1

I have the Tascam DP-08 and had saved my songs but there are 2 of them that have an Asterick next to them and when I go to play them in song files list there is nothing there but there had been before. Did I erase them many accident?

According to the manual (P30), the asterisk should indicate the loaded song.

A star (*) icon appears to the right of the currently loaded song. A lock ( ) icon appears to the left of songs that are protected.

I wonder if somehow the file didn't get properly saved/closed at some point. I would try to pull the SD card, put it in a computer and see if there is data in the subdirectories, and if possible, save the data for safe keeping.

If nobody else here can answer the question, you might post it on the TascamForums.

^^ +1

Also..

As @TalismanRich sez.. an asterisk next to a song name indicates that it is the currently loaded song, so if something was saved as that song it should play back - audio or silence.. whatever was recorded - does the transport display movement?. I found no mention of the asterisk appearing next to two songs simultaneously - I wouldn't think two songs could be loaded at the same time, so maybe there's a glitch and the two asterisks are preventing either song from actually loading.

The DP-03SD automatically saves any song you are working on when you shut it down, so just doing that wouldn't.. shouldn't result in losing the song(s). Still, in the future, saving everything prior to shutdown is probably a better way to go.

After you recorded the previous saved song (one with an asterisk), how did you close out your session? Did you save everything, then power off.. or did you just power off without saving?

Back