Assuming we have musicians in this OT forum tell some history or stories and beginnings

I have no story.
I have no story because I have no past. And the present becomes the past in a supersonic nanosecond. Therefore, all I have is the future. And I have no idea what that holds
:D
By the time you enter the future it becomes the past almost immediately, if not quicker.

Reactions: RFR
I have no story.
I have no story because I have no past. And the present becomes the past in a supersonic nanosecond. Therefore, all I have is the future. And I have no idea what that holds
:D
Where was my response when you posted this? Oh yeah, it hadn’t happened yet 🙂

As many pages in this thread as you care to tell 👍
I haven’t told my BB King story yet but I’ve babbled enough to give this thread a start and want to hear other inspirations and stories. We’re all in this art and it’s interesting how people got started and inspired and things that maybe happened along the path 🤟🤟🤟

I come from a musical family. I have a banjo the was my great grandfather's. My Dad worked for Gibson back in the early 50's and did some radio work on WSM. There was a jam session at our house nearly every weekend when I was growing up. Many of them recorded as my Dad had a decent Sony reel to reel. That's when I knew what I wanted to do.

First radio guitar system on Angus Young - AC/DC 1978. He came in from the back of the audience and played to the stage. Everybody parted for him and no security. Brilliant night - my first real rock show.
Back when rock was rock and rock stars were just like us but signed with airplay 🤟

1978. Omaha Nebraska. I don't remember the opener. Mom remembered they were really loud. Judas Priest would fit the bill. 🤘

I worshiped kiss back then. Mom met the piano tech I guess at the restaurant she managed. He gave her free tickets.

I can still remember the smell...
We probably saw the same tour as our first concert 🤟

I think it was later that same year my father took me and my older brothers to see Jerry Lee Lewis in a local highschool auditorium. There were some of his records around the house I would occasionally spin, the Sun label. I think at that time, The Killer, his ways had caught up to him, in today's parlance he was at the time on what might be considered the canceled list, playing smaller gigs such as that highschool auditorium. There he was, Jerry Lee, The Killer, at times low key, at others kicking the stool out with the back of his knees while rising to stand, banging away on that piano. Even played with his foot sometimes, ain't he somethin'. Opening for Jerry Lee was another piano player, grey haired guy. Ain't that nice, I thought, Jerry Lee let's his daddy play first. It wasn't his daddy, it was "The Grey Fox", Charlie Rich.
Thatbis bad fukking ass! 🤟🤟🤟

Actually I started at about 5 when a juke box wound up on my front porch in 1957 and i could play anything on it for free. I would sing along for hours. By ten in 62, i was playing drums and bugle in the town marching band. Received my first drum set at ten. My first guitar at 12 in 1964, the rest is history, nefarious though it may be.
No shit, a jukebox? And not being digital back then with complex mechanics, those things were seriously business. Your folks own a bar or diner they ordered it for or they were just rich and shit?

Grew up on the Beatles. First acoustic guitar at 15. First concert was Styx opening for Blue Oyster Cult in 1977. I've been playing guitar ever since, plus I added keyboards in 1984. Im 62 now.
I’m 57. First concert beside KISS in’78 (with my dad) was to see Dokken (‘84?) opening for Aldo Nova opening for BOC…in a 5000 seat venue in Indy with Festival seating, half of which was standing only floor. Beatles was where I learned things without playing yet.

Back