Assigning MIDI drum keys

rtstudio

Hey everyone, first i'd like to say hi because this is my first post on this forum and i'm excited to join! :) anyways, I have my own studio I have been putting together for a few years and just recently purchased the Akai MPD18. A local metal band wants me to record them and they prefer recording the drums through midi samples, however with their style music they are going to need two bass drum pads and two snare pads. I have been trying to research it but cant find much helpful information. is there any way to change the pads on the interface so that I can have two bass drum inputs and two snare inputs? Thanks so much in advance

I have the MPD 24..I use it with Abletons drum rack and I can assign whatever I like to whatever pad I like...

Im not sure what you are using as your host programme, it can be done though.....

I was using EZdrummer, although I couldnt find anything on it to assign anything, my sequencer im using is cakewalks sonar

I was using EZdrummer, although I couldnt find anything on it to assign anything, my sequencer im using is cakewalks sonar

yeah other than the mixer view to assign each drum to a different track I cant think of any with EZ & sonar...:o

well thanks for your help! I guess imma keep messin with it and see what I can figure out, hope I can figure it out soon so this band can start recording

stick this up in the sonar forum...see if anyone there can come up with something, the midi forum tends to get overlooked sometimes

You can create a new midi map in Sonar to do whatever you want. The default is GM drums, but the drum maps are completely assignable. Someone on the Sonar forum actually has a bunch of EZ Drummer, addictive drummer and a few other templates already made. If you search for drum maps on the Sonar forum you should find them.

Back