Assignable USB footswitch

ecc83

My son, a highly accomplished guitarist, has taken to solo performances with backing loops on a laptop. Presently he has to hit the spacebar to start and stop each track, tricky when guitar need both hands! DEoes anyone know of a USB foot switch that can be assigned to the space bar and do that job?

He would also I think like some way or organizing his clips so that they played in sequence with each foot stomp. Anyone know of any such software? Free in nice but would go to a nifty if it was good enough.

Dave.

USB should be midi assignable from any midi controller that accepts a footswitch.

Use like a perc pad and assign the loops as phrases to each pad.

USB should be midi assignable from any midi controller that accepts a footswitch.
Yes true but he is already lugging guitar, amp, laptop, mixer, PSUs, cables another largish box is a no go. What he needs is the 'foot switch' part of a MIDI controller!

Dave.

For the space bar, just put the keyboard on the floor and use your foot to hit the spacebar.

I think they make Bluetooth footswitches for advancing the page of tablet based teleprompter/sheet music apps. That might be adaptable to his application.

Back