ASR-10 SCSI help please.....

BigLex

I just got an ASR rack and I'm trying to get this zip drive to work. I boot it up and when it says "searching for SCSI dev", no light blinks on the zip drive like it says its supposed to on some ASR-10 sites.

Drop me a private message or post here if you can help. thanks.

BigLex,

First, I don't own or use any Ensoniq products at all so take this advice with a grain of salt. I do use an Akai S2000 with a Zip drive and SCSI card so I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Now I don't know which Zip drive you have, there are different models, but this advice should apply to various models. First, there is a SCSI device ID switch on the back of the unit. Normally this switch is only used when you are connecting multiple SCSI devices but I found that my S2000 will only recognize my Zip drive if the ID is set to 2. Try changing the ID.

If that doesn't work try adjusting the SCSI termination switch. This is also located on the back on the drive and is another area for concern. I can't recall what setting I'm using currently but I know I had to try them all before I found the one that worked.

Let me know if this helps and if not give me the model # and I'll see what else I can dig up for you.

Stray

BigLex,

Glad I could help. Also thanks for posting on my survery thread. It will definitely help me out.

Stray

Follow up SCSI question

Hi guys:

Are you using the keyboard and Zip Drive alone? Or with a PC? I was wondering if it is possible to use it alone, since I have enough going on in the computer. I have an extra Zip drive and wanted to directly hook it up to my K2000. Is this at all possible, or is it definitely only to be used though a PC?

Thanks,

Brian

I use the zip directly connected to my sampler... no computer involved.

I'm not familiar with the k2000 but if it has a SCSI port you should be able to use it directly with the piece, no computer involved.

Back