Asp6

zuma

Hi Guys, (I posted this in the wrong forum to begin with, so reposting here..)

I got a pair of Event Asp6s in 2006, which I haven't used in a while. I recently connected them and one has much higher sensitivity than the other (switched sides, problem persists).

Even worse, the one with higher sensitivity constantly "thumps" about 5 sec after powering on, even without audio input (I pulled out the cable just to be sure). When it thumps I can see the woofer move. What could be wrong?

I tried emailing Event but none of their emails work. I called them a day later and they said it could be the amplifier and suggested me switch the amps to zoom in the cause. However part of it is soldiered and I don't want to risk ruining the other one... No repair shop near me does events...

What to do? Sending it to Event would cost too much time and $$$ (with shipping to and from)...

I don't know what else it could be besides the amplifier. One would think it's pretty much one large unit in there. I opened one of my ASP8's to take a peak once and that's how I remember it.

I would personally bite the bullit and send it in. Find out how much they charge for replacing the amp before sending it in so that you know what to expect. If it's too much youmay be better off buying a new one.

F.S.

Back