ASIO Question

Azza666

Hi all,

I've been reading about ASIO, etc and I know what it is, but my question is, how do i actually get it?

Do I need to get a certain sound card? If so, which one(s)?

Or is it just a driver that I can install to use with my existing on-board sound?

Also, I should add that I have tried asio4all, but keep getting the "beyond logic" error for any of my inputs, so I think I may need to get a better soundcard anyway.... any suggestions people?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers :)

Last edited:
ASIO's are written by the harware manufacturer. You on-board soundcard probably won't have an asio driver.

You're going to need to provide a lot more detail if you are looking for suggestions on an audio interface. But first, try the Search function and look at the previous posts. Most likely your questions have been answered already.

peace.

Asio4All is quite a good workaround if you need a temporary fix, but for any proper use you really need a proper ASIO soundcard. The specific ASIO drivers for that soundcard are installed along with all the other drivers when you set it up. An ASIO capable program can then use the drivers and it all goes from there...

So basically you need both ASIO compatible hardware and software - its really not that difficult as most is :)!

ohhh ok i get it now.... so basically you need a soundcard that supports ASIO :)

im using reaper and it does have an ASIO option (this is what caused me to look into it in the first place), and i have been looking at the sound blaster audigy range to help solve the hardware sign of things :cool:

Thanks heaps for the help guys i really appreciate it!!

Cheers

ohhh ok i get it now.... so basically you need a soundcard that supports ASIO :)

im using reaper and it does have an ASIO option (this is what caused me to look into it in the first place), and i have been looking at the sound blaster audigy range to help solve the hardware sign of things :cool:

Thanks heaps for the help guys i really appreciate it!!

Cheers

For the record I believe the X-fi and Audigy series has ASIO driver support so you should be good to go there.:)

I don't know why this hasn't been said yet, but why not buy a soundcard that is designed specifically for home recording? You can get a used M-Audio Delta 1010LT for like $100 and it has ASIO as well as numerous other benefits over buying a gaming soundcard.

I don't know why this hasn't been said yet, but why not buy a soundcard that is designed specifically for home recording? You can get a used M-Audio Delta 1010LT for like $100 and it has ASIO as well as numerous other benefits over buying a gaming soundcard.

+1

But to answer the above question, I'm pretty sure the complete X-fi line is ASIO.

Back